Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Lego Movie


I've heard a lot of good things about The Lego Movie, how funny it is, and how it's the most original and clever animation since... errrr, ages.  This set expectations that were sky high so when the movie wasn't as laugh out loud funny as I had anticipated, I was left a little disappointed.  Otherwise, this is a fantastic story with slick animation, clever designs and an inspiring story.  I loved the fact that it follows a protagonist that is normal.  I loved how the animators incorporated all the Lego elements and played up the whole building aspect.  There were some great set pieces and exciting action sequences.  Humour was well interspersed throughout the film but there wasn't many "super funny" gags or dialogue.  The cleverest part of the film is the ending, I wont' spoil it but it really plays into the real life Lego aspect and nicely references the collectible aspect of it.  It is also emotional and the speeches rousing.  Plus, the theme song is so addictive... it gets stuck in your head.  Overall, a great film and it's fun looking out for all the cameos.

Blogger Widget