Friday, January 17, 2014

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope


Believe it or not, I have not seen any Star Wars films before and this was my first one (I figured going by the release order was better than the internal chronological order), I was never interested in it before.  I won't say that A New Hope swayed me but it wasn't as boring as I had feared (I always thought the Star Wars movies were boring and couldn't hold my interest).  The plot wasn't too great though since it didn't feel deep enough and felt somewhat loose.  I thought that more focus would be put onto Luke with his Jedi training and use of the force (guess not) or there would be a more compelling reason to forward the plot.  As it is, it felt more like a chase from one point to another.  The draw of the film though, was the special effects.  They were extremely impressive, especially considering that it was released way back in 1977.  They hold up much better than you would expect.  The movie started off slowly but the ending sequence with the space battle and spaceships rushing around was really good.  The many and varied designs of the vehicles used in the film also kept it interesting as you can't wait what they're going to show off next.

Blogger Widget