Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Dark Knight Rises


Personally, I don't think this movie was as good as The Dark Knight, but still a great one to watch (and better than many films of late).  Why do I say this?  Probably coz we didn't get to see Batman in action as much, he was in his human persona way more.  This made him much more human, and while his emotional journey was a significant event, I didn't think that it was enough to carry most of the movie.  The most prevalent villain in the film, Bane, also lacked something.  I think we've been spoiled by the Joker's constant scheming such that Bane's relative inactivity feels very different and out of tune.  I had expected the role of Catwoman in the film to be way more prevalent, but she only really truly shone in the climax of the movie (since we never truly saw her in action apart from a few short fights).  I have to admire the way that the writers managed to wrap multiple new characters into the plotline (although with varying success since naturally some aren't in the limelight as much as the others).  The plot itself was a bit twisted and hard to follow at times, I kept thinking what was the benefit for Bane to do all those things.  The twist at the end of the movie was okay, although it didn't leave as big an impact as you would have liked, and the ending was nice (I was a bit sad at what had happened but then the couple appeared).  A good film, but I still wished there was more appearances of Batman in it.

Blogger Widget