Monday, June 24, 2013

The Addams Family


I remembered watching the cartoon before and loving them, but this movie doesn't really live up to the name.  The actors were good, but it was the plot that let you down.  The plot was weak and didn't amount to much, it seems like a thirty minute episode extended into a full blown movie.  It was overly simplistic and events were just mashed together, with no true flow or coherence.  I found myself bored by around the half hour mark, and the film just didn't pick itself up.  You could half-guess the plot elements.  I liked the appearances of the characters though, I thought they had it pretty much spot on.  However, those characters are weird (and as they should be), but they weren't as funny as you would have wanted.  I think they tried to be funny by having the characters act strangely but in the end, they just felt strange for doing what normal people wouldn't do.  Most of the humor wasn't exacting the best.  I think the only moment that I liked was the scene where the two kids were performing in a play and all the blood squirted out.

Blogger Widget