Friday, May 3, 2013

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Movie)


Hmmm... it's seems that I might be a shallow viewer in which all it takes to amuse me during a movie is the excitement and fight scenes.  At least... that's what it seems like it is currently since a lot of films I've been watching that were good critically I thought was boring, and movies that were not as well received I thought was okay and not terrible (and maybe even better than the critically well received ones).  Prince of Persia is one of those movies.  It wasn't well received critically and while for sure it was boring at some sections, it never slowed down to a standstill and the two hours went by at a reasonable rate.  Being a video game adaptation, I've had my doubts but the movie was entertaining.  I was wondering what the Sands of Time were, and the movie suitably explains it (and it's quite cool).  As the title suggests, it the whole focus on the film and I liked how they didn't abuse the power of it (which is channeled through a dagger).  They had the main character, the titular Prince, Dastan, to be quite acrobatic.  This could have backfired but thankfully, there weren't too obvious special effects that make it fake, it was reasonable.  The plot left some to be desired.  Instantly, you can smell treachery (or have suspicions about it), and once the dagger was revealed, you'd be thinking... hmmm, this might be what the ending would be.  Then they go ahead and says that's impossible but once the ending does come, turns out it was possible after all.  However, what the ending could be keeps you watching as you can't wait to find out.  I found the deaths had the impact they needed.  Not a terrible movie and quite watchable.

Blogger Widget