Friday, March 8, 2013

TMNT


The animation used for this movie was top notched, but when it came to story, it left quite a bit lacking.  I hated the whole brothers fighting amongst themselves, wasting time to get it sorted.  The movie never really picked up, since it felt flat and bland during the whole time.  There was a lack of humor which I would have come to expect from these turtles, and Raphael has to play the bad guy here with his bickering, which in turn, just becomes extremely annoying.  The antagonist/s were disappointing, as they lacked the fear and evil acts that usually comes with villains.  As said, the animation was great and the characters are fluid.  I'm impressed with what they had done.  Generally, most of the movie takes it place at night time while I would have preferred more lighting.  I guess the biggest flaw here is that you don't really side with anyone, you don't feel the pain or irony or injustice, so you never invest any emotion in it.

Blogger Widget