Saturday, August 4, 2012

Book Review: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever


Review:  #238
Title:  Diary of a Wimpy Kid:  Cabin Fever
Series:  Diary of a Wimpy Kid - 6th book
Author:  Jeff Kinney
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  A really nice book, once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down.  I kept turning page after page, it was simply too addictive.  The writing and story felt superior to the first book, but there’s still no deep plot or even *a* plot.  It felt like a jumbled collection of events, and the ending was so abrupt that I turned the page and was shocked to see the author’s note and acknowledgements.  That said, it was a very enjoyable read, and a lot of the humour worked really well, and was funny.  Then again, there were some jokes that didn't work quite so well.  I love the illustrations, and the amount of them, it added a lot to the story.  It was only after I finished reading the book and thought about it that I finally got the reason of the title.
Rating:  6/10
Blogger Widget