Monday, August 20, 2012

Book Review: Deltora Quest Volume 1


Review:  #245
Title:  Deltora Quest Volume 1
Series:  Deltora Quest - 1st volume
Author:  Story by Emily Rodda, Adapted by Makoto Niwano
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  This first volume relates the back story and sets everything for later on.  It was interesting, but it feels like it’s missing something.  It was hard to decipher what happening in a few of the scenes.  A lot of the jokes are forced, and I actually found it comical when the grown up Jarred was revealed and he was absurdly buffed.  The art style takes some getting used to, but I surprisingly found a liking to Prandine, you can immediately tell that he’s sneaky and evil.  I did find that Endon was very feminine, to the point where I kept mistaking him for a female character entirely.  The adaptation is pretty faithful, which means that the story is good.
Rating:  5.5/10
Blogger Widget