Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Lorax


I really enjoyed Dr Seuss' Horton Hears a Who, and I was excited for this one, thinking it'll be as great and enjoyable.  However, I found the movie to be less interesting and less funny.  The animation was great, but the story was a bit weak, and dare I say it, predictable.  The plot has been done plenty of times before, and it comes at no great surprise here.  As per usual, I love the world and the wacky things the world has, it's always interesting to spot the differences in their world compared to ours.  I loved the fact that the fake trees look just like the real ones in reality, whereas their real trees are preposterous.  There were still some humour, mostly one liners, but I didn't feel as if there was any urgency in the plot.  It didn't feel too exciting and wasn't quite the fun ride I wanted.  Still, it's a film worth watching at least once if you like animation, and I didn't regret it myself.
Blogger Widget