Friday, July 20, 2012

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs


This movie actually slipped off the radar for me.  Just before it came out, I noticed it's existence, but I never paid much attention afterwards and I forgot to ever watch it.  Why?  I loved Ice Age, but Ice Age 2:  The Meltdown was a terrible terrible movie, that, and Blue Sky Studios have a hit and miss record.  I ended up watching this, and it was better than I expected.  The plot was stupid, Sid was stupid, and the new character was too typical.  The story itself, of a land under the land where dinosaurs still roamed free, has been done plenty of times before so I was expecting it.  The movie is a lot more bearable than the second one (I was actually sad that there is a fourth movie), but I didn't find myself following it much, and I didn't care to rewind it to the parts I missed.  It's still not the greatness as Ice Age, and I still think there shouldn't have been any sequels to begin with.  I actually found the characters to be just a tiny bit more annoying here, and too much things were predictable, which ruined the movie.  That's just me, and I'm sure plenty of people found the movie great.
Blogger Widget