Monday, July 2, 2012

The Hunger Games


I was looking forward to this movie as I had heard great things about it, well, greater than normal.  It seemed to have been a quality movie.  I mean, it's very rare nowadays for a movie to get me interested and is good the same time, The Hunger Games turned out to be one of them.  I never got the chance to watch it in the cinemas so this was my first choice when it turned up as one of the movies on the in-flight entertainment for my plane.  I expected a bit more, it wasn't a bad movie, but not spectacular either.  The first hour was boring, it set up most of the movie, but I was waiting for the bit where the contestants would be pitted against each other and the survival process takes place.  The second hour was good, and it was shocking.  I was not expecting the brutal, heartless deaths that immediately happened, and when one of the other characters died, I felt the sadness, it was really well done.  I can feel the character's anger, at this pointless, inhumane sport, and I was wondering how the protagonists were going to win.  Obviously, I knew the main character was going to win, that meant that everyone else I see were going to die, which was sad (although some characters were annoying).  I've heard the book gets into the politics more, so I can't wait to read that.  The music/score was good, and suited the mood well.  I don't know why, even though it's not a great movie, I find myself wanting to watch it again, and buy it for myself.
Blogger Widget