Saturday, July 21, 2012

Book Review: Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1


Review:  #231
Title:  Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1
Series:  Neon Genesis Evangelion - 1st volume
Author:  Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  Forgive me if I seem to be too harsh on a graphic novel (found that I was being too lax before).  Once again, this is a pretty well known manga, and I was curious to see what all the fuss was about.  It is okay, but being the first volume, it felt weird in that it didn't explain the back story and the setting very well.  You’re immediately thrust into the battle, with little to no explanation, all I got was that the world was in ruins and there are robots fighting (the robots on the human side are piloted by humans while the enemy has artificial intelligence).  None of the characters stick out as memorable to me, except maybe the father, purely because he is so cold.  Not the best I have read, and judging from only this first volume, I’m not terribly interested in the story.
Rating:  5.5/10
Blogger Widget