Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Book Review: The House of Mirrors


Review:  #226
Title:  The House of Mirrors
Series:  Ulysses Moore - 3rd book
Author:  Pierdomenico Baccalario
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  Reading the blurb, and even the publisher’s comments at the beginning of the book, you would believe that this book would provide some mystery.  Maybe it’s because I haven’t read the previous two books, but I was not hooked into this at all.  I found it to be boring, and by the end of it, I couldn't see the point of all that had happened.  It seemed like it was just filling in time between the previous book and the next one.  There were no major mysteries (or mysteries that snagged your attention), and nothing compelling ever happened.  I expected the titular House of Mirrors to be a wonder, yet, it only featured for such a short amount of time, and even though with some significance, not enough so that it’s disappointing.  The three protagonists does not seem too resourceful, and the whole book feels like a wild goose chase.  My experience with this is that there are not many high points within the plot.  I was actually glad to finish it, just so I can put it down (and not in a good way).
Rating:  5/10
Blogger Widget