Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Book Review: Deltora Quest Volume 4


Review:  #233
Title:  Deltora Quest Volume 4
Series:  Deltora Quest - 4th volume
Author:  Story by Emily Rodda, Illustrator:  Makoto Niwano
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  At first I thought it was just going to be like the previous volume where it tries to put in all these awkward humour in, but it was actually pretty good.  The Jin and Jod arc finishes here and good riddance, because it wasn't done that well.  At around halfway into the volume, when the party gets to the Lake of Tears, it gets noticeably better.  It was faster paced, and although it never peaks to the level that other mangas do, it was more bearable.  One of the thing that stops me from fully enjoying the art is that the monsters are really different to the western illustrations (to which it’s burned into my mind are the correct ones), it’s not the fault of the illustration but I thought I would just point that out, since the two representations are really different.  In manga form, I thought the story wasn't that captivating.
Rating:  5.5/10
Blogger Widget