Sunday, May 6, 2012

Book Review: Transformers: Exodus


Review:  #193
Title:  Transformers:  Exodus
Series:  N/A
Author:  Alex Irvine
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  This surprised me a lot; it was very good, I would have never expected a Transformers novel to be this good.  The plot was well thought out, and the writing was excellent.  Granted, you would have needed some knowledge of Transformers terms in order to under what they were referring to, especially in the beginning where they just use these terms, and assume you know what the hell they’re talking about.  I liked what was happening in the whole book, and I feel there are two separate parts.  The beginning where Orian Pax (aka Optimus Prime before he became Optimus Prime) and Megatron started to question the current system, and then how they slowly started to revolt.  Then there’s the rest of the book where Optimus and Megatron become enemies and fight against each other.  The change was so dramatic, that at many moments in the latter part of the book, I was wondering, did this really start off peacefully and they were once friends?  It was really different to see, for once, how Megatron was before he was the ruthless tyrant we’ve come to known, and how he changed and his motives, it was really well done here.  The tension in the war was done very well, and I often wondered if it was even possible for the Autobots to win when the Decepticons kept having the upper hand.  During some parts, I was confused at why some things would happen, and that happened a fair bit, since I thought, there was no point in that, or what did it suddenly change to this.  Other than this, this is a great book to read, especially if you’re a Transformers fan, and this actually makes me want to play the game.
Rating:  7/10
Blogger Widget