Thursday, April 19, 2012

WALL-E


Another day, and another Disney Pixar movie watched, this time it's WALL.E.  I had already seen it when it came in theaters back in 2008, and I had quite liked the movie.  It's hard to explain, coz it's not an action packed movie or one that's really funny like some of the other animations.  I think it's the way how most of the first half of the movie uses minimal speaking roles, focusing more on body language, which I thought was really unique and worked really well.  To be honest, I find that the movie can be boring at some points, but it's still engaging enough for you to not lose interest.  The chemistry between Wall.E and Eve were well done, and I loved it.  The idea of everyone getting lazy generations after the human population leaving Earth felt so natural... and the fact that Earth was made inhospitable due to the population seems so likely to happen in the real world in a very near future.  I loved the way how Eve warms up to Wall.E in the end, and when his memories seemed to have been lost at the ending, I was sad.  A good moving story overall, one of my more favourite Disney Pixar movie.

Once again, the Blu-Ray edition was two discs, and I had a look at some of the special features.  There's the standard features such as the animated shorts, Presto was one of them, and obviously I had seen this one before if I saw Wall.E at the cinemas.  It still held it's charm and it was funny, it kept my attention, this short is one of the highlights of the special features available here.  The other was BURN-E, which told the story of a robot named Burn.E during the same time frame as the movie.  It was okay, but some of the actions felt kind of forced, like they tried really hard to make it funny and fit into the timeline.  The other thing that I felt deserves a mention is the deleted scenes.  Usually, deleted scenes in these animations are just animated storyboards, so I was extremely surprised to find two deleted scenes (out of four) that were actually animated.  Granted, the animation isn't as polished as the film's but it was still a ton better than animated storyboards.
Blogger Widget