Monday, March 26, 2012

Beauty and the Beast


Nostalgia is a very dangerous thing.  I remembered watching this film back when it was released, and that it was a great film.  Obviously, a lot of other people agreed since it got great reviews and did well in earnings, coupled with the fact that it's re-released from time to time.  I, myself, got the 2 disc DVD that was released a while back, and just got the chance to watch it.  Beauty and the Beast, hmmmm, my memories ruined the movie for me.  Throughout the whole film, I found myself waiting for the event that would hit me emotionally, the event that makes me remember what was it about this film that I love.  That 'event' never came.  However, enough with my ramblings, I still thoroughly enjoyed the film.  The restoration was good, so the animation did not look the least bit dated (not that I would have minded).  The songs were good, not super catchy, but still pleasing to the ear.  The song "Beauty and the Beast" would be the standout, instant classic right there.  By the end of the movie, you kinda wished there weren't such a strict time limit, since the story could be fleshed out a lot with greater impact (they still did a good job mind you, just that I wanted more of it).  There seemed to be quite a lot of special features packed into this (with the Blu ray Diamond Edition having even more), but as always, I can't find the time to watch it (it's good to know that it's still there though).  Still, highly recommend this film!
Blogger Widget