Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Review: Black Cat Volume 8: Cerberus Strikes


Review:  #135
Title:  Black Cat Volume 8:  Cerberus Strikes
Series:  Black Cat - 8th volume
Author:  Kentaro Yabuki
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  Very good volume, the story picked up a lot, and the pacing was great.  The action complemented what was happening, and the visuals were stunning.  I think this is the best volume so far, very exciting, and I loved seeing some of the Chrono Numbers in action.  I was actually anticipating what was going to happen, to see who would win, the Chrono Numbers or the Apostles of the Stars, as they were both very confident of themselves.  Too bad that I would have to wait til the next volume in order to find out how everything works out, as Train is being lured to the place of combat by Sephiria Arks.  The bonus chapter which was the original one-shot was amusing and quite funny, and it was good to see the original work that started this series, definitely a volume I recommend.  However, due to that bonus story, the total length of the ‘main’ stories of the volume felt a bit short.
Rating:  7.5/10
Blogger Widget