Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Book Review: Black Cat Volume 3: What the Living Can Do



Review:  #131
Title:  Black Cat Volume 3:  What the Living Can Do
Series:  Black Cat - 3rd volume
Author:  Kentaro Yabuki
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  A good volume, with a lot of things happening inside.  The volume focuses on mainly one story arc and it was exciting, I was hooked as to how everything will turn out.  We also get to see the powers of Sven’s right eye, he had been hinting about it’s special powers in the previous two volume, it’s okay I guess, but not particularly exciting.  I mean, Kakashi’s Sharingan eye from Naruto is way cooler, and they have similar drawbacks, so Sven’s foresight isn’t amazing.  I liked the fight between No. II and Kyoko and Charden near the end of the volume, it was great to see them using their powers, and Charden’s blood powers were interesting.  Gyanza was unwhelming, but the character of Kyoko was great, one of the better side characters and I like how it focused on her and Charden.  I loved the title (which is also the title of the last chapter in the volume), it was meaningful.  A few places where there was some nice gags, and I feel that it’s better than the first two volumes, but not spectacular.
Rating:  7/10
Blogger Widget