Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book Review: Transformers Vault



Review: #109
Title: Transformers Vault
Series: N/A
Author: Pablo Hidalgo
Read Before: no
My Comments: A really nice reference book detailing the beginnings of how Transformers came to being, which was really informative for me, coz it was always confusing as to how it started.  It is high quality, both in terms of content and materials (I was surprised as the heftiness when I first picked it up).  One minor flaw would be that they focused too much on Generation 1, leaving no space for the latter continuities, but I guess the first Transformers would be more important and prioritized first.  The extras were a really nice touch, and just felt like they put some thought into it, I enjoyed getting them out and having a look, a lot better than just printing a picture into the page.  Despite boasting about never before seen pictures, most of them I had seen before, and I found it disappointing that in an official book, they included toys that were mis-transformed… you would have thought that the editors and author would have double checked and used the best photos available.  The style of writing wasn't too boring, even in a section I wasn't interested in (the comics), so it is a very good book to have a read even if you had a passing interest in Transformers, but again, the details are a bit brief.
Rating: 7/10
Blogger Widget