Thursday, November 10, 2011

Book Review: Beyond the Grave


Review: #105
Title: Beyond the Grave
Series: The 39 Clues - 4th book
Author: Jude Watson
Read Before: no
My Comments: Not a bad book, and it does have its charm, and definitely one of the better books in the series as it wasn't as boring. The biggest flaw of this book was that it didn't seem to really go anywhere, sure, the two protagonists are heading towards finding a specific clue, but it doesn't seem to add anything to the overall story. At many points in the book (but especially towards the end) I found myself thinking that I’ve read so much already, yet it felt like nothing has really happened, just one event after another that are stringed together. I guess it does build up a bit of a mystery for a hidden faction, the Madrigals, the style of writing isn’t bad either, and it was a fairly pleasant read, just a bit, ‘aimless’.
Rating: 6/10
Blogger Widget