Monday, September 5, 2011

Book Review: The Field Guide


Review: #91
Title: The Field Guide
Series: The Spiderwick Chronicles – 1st book
Author: Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
Read Before: no
My Comments: I couldn't really get myself into this book, the beginning was very dull and boring, with none of the elements I like from a fantasy novel. The only thing that was good about it was that it was a short book, so it wasn't as painful to get through it. It got better near the end, where something was finally happening (the first two-thirds was creating the setting and showing the personalities of the three protagonists), but as it got just to the best part, it ended, without much explanation. I guess it’s a good cliffhanger to get you wanting to read the second. I do feel it has the right ingredients to create a good series, I’ll just see how it pans out. Depending on how good the rest of the series it, I’m not sure I can recommend this first book as a standalone.
Rating: 5.5/10
Blogger Widget