Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Book Review: The Day My Bum Went Psycho


Book: #92
Title: The Day My Bum Went Psycho
Series: Bum Trilogy – 1st book
Author: Andy Griffiths
Read Before: no
My Comments: The way it started, I thought it was the typical “turned out to be a dream” situation, but nup, it was supposedly real… which led me to think, wtf… Once I got used to the style of writing and what was happening, it was fairly enjoyable. The story and events is pretty outrageous though, and the overuse of the word “bum” does get tiring. The story structure is a typical “quest” style, i.e. the heroes head to a destination in order to remove a threat, but it’s fairly well executed, and kept me interested. The beginning might be weak, but the ending made up for it as it gets more interesting, even though a lot of the elements has been used before in other books. It’s very immature though, with the writing and what happens, its average stuff.
Rating: 5.5/10
Blogger Widget