Sunday, September 4, 2011

Black Cat

I finished this manga series recently (by hectically running around to libraries in multiple locations to try and collate all twenty volumes, it was a success, although I missed Volume 15, which hopefully I will get sometime next week) and it was quite an excellent read. It began fairly slow, but the story picked up speed and the action got better and better as the volumes went on, I think after around the seventh volume is where it starts to be "un-put-downable". I read this for two reasons, first, it's by Kentaro Yabuki, author of To Love-Ru and I wanted to read more of his work, and second, Black Cat is quite popular, and so it can't be bad. Reading this, I was so used to To Love-Ru that the seriousness of Black Cat felt kinda weird and unlike what the author 'normally' does. Anyway, I liked the characters, Eve wasn't as cool as I had hoped and Creed was an awesome antagonist towards the end, and his Imagine Blade was formidable once it hit Level 2. The ending was a little bit disappointing and cheap due to the way Train (the protagonist) won (with the help of a spirit), but it was somewhat fitting. Overall, it has an above average story, but not spectacular, well worth reading though.
Blogger Widget