Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Book Review: Secrets of Deltora



Review: #89
Title: Secrets of Deltora
Series: Deltora Quest - companion book
Author: Emily Rodda
Read Before: no
My Comments: For a companion book, this is great, I had high expectations and it was lived up to. If only more authors put this much amount of effort into their companions, then I would not hate them so much. It is brilliantly written and illustrated; the many coloured illustrations really help you indulge into the text and the work. It's a bit of a story and guide of the Deltora world mixed together, and if you had read the full Deltora Quest series, then you get a lot of hints everywhere, and what’s more, there’s even a secret message which I thought was quite cleverly hidden. Takes you around ten or so mins to get it, and I guess it entertains you for just that extra bit. As I mentioned, a lot of throwbacks to the Deltora Quest series of books, yet, it does not provide a summary like many ‘guides’ do, it adds a lot of new stuff, which is why it makes this book just so much more interesting. I am hopeful that that the author will do one more of these, as there’s one more great story that the author can write about that I can think of. I like the way that you can see how Deltora was before the events of the story, it really adds a lot. Secrets of Deltora is a definite must-read for any fans of the Deltora Quest series.
Rating: 7/10
Rereadability Factor: 6/10
Blogger Widget