Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2


I saw it (finally) today and here's my thoughts on it:

I believe Kung Fu Panda 2 has surpassed the original, it was very exciting and time just flew away while I was watching it, all too soon I found the movie finishing… One found I found funny was that back when Kung Fu Panda was first out and a sequel was confirmed, I read a comment on a site that said that they bet the second one will have Po asking his dad where did he come from (due to his dad being a goose and he’s a panda…) and that really happened, I thought it was amusing. Anyway the whole movie was great, a lot of great humour and they managed to give the ‘Furious Five’ more screen time, something the original lacked, too bad other than Tigress, the rest of them got minor roles. Po was also a lot less useless this time around, at first I was worried it was going to be another lame plot but they utilized it quite well. It was violent, a lot of explosions and fighting, so I was surprised (it being a kids movie and everything). A couple of things were predictable, such as the final scene where I knew what Po was going to do, I had my suspicions very early on and then it was confirmed that he was use the new technique he learnt on the cannonballs. I didn't find the visuals as stunning as it was in Megamind, maybe it was coz the settings weren't as bright. The fight scenes were brilliantly done, and I loved the teamwork in them, and how I felt Po was part of the team, instead of just a blundering fool that had to be saved by the rest. Nevertheless, a great movie to watch, and I was really surprised that it was better than the first Kung Fu Panda, which is a feat in itself.

And it's got great ratings by professional reviewers too, getting 83% at rottentomatoes.com!
Blogger Widget