Saturday, May 14, 2011

Book Review: The Water Weavers



Review: #65
Title: The Water Weavers
Series: Wave Runners Trilogy - 3rd and last book
Author: Kai Meyer
Read Before: no
My Comments: A book that I had initially started reading as something along the lines of a ‘filler’, where I had no other books to read and I needed to pass the time. I got more and more interested by it as I progressed, it is the last book in the trilogy but already I can follow the gist of it, so it’s really surprising, but it’s turning out to be a pretty good book. Although with a tighter and more intense beginning/first half, it winded down as the book went and it was more and more boring and slow going. The ending was good but the way on how they destroyed the antagonist (the Maelstrom) was a bit fuzzy, more explanation was needed as it’s easy for the reader (myself included) to fail the grasp the significance. The wrap up of the book was satisfying and left no major loose ends, although the romantic relationships could be just a tad bit more sweet, seems too artificial to me (although it could have been built up in the last two books), actually quite a book to read.
Rating: 7/10
Rereadability Factor: 3/10
Blogger Widget