Wednesday, April 27, 2011

To Love-Ru (Latter Half and Ending)

Something I started reading earlier this month, and continuing on, I've finally finished reading the last chapter tonight. Ahh, I'm going to miss the manga, it is a fun manga to read, with a lot of comedy (and ecchi, I guess if you're into that sort of thing...), it was very enjoyable. Yes, I am aware of all the flaws like no real character development, nor an ongoing storyline (they seemed to have forgotten all about it after roughly halfway... that was disappointing), but like I have said before, it is just fun to read without thinking too deeply into it.

The latter half was still as funny as the first half, so it doesn't disappoint there, and the stories get more interesting, and they are different enough to warrant reading them. It helps with the much larger cast that each arc can focus on a different person. Conversely though, a lot of the earlier recurring running gag characters are now gone, which is sad (Ren and Motemitsu). The ending is open, leaving it up to the reader to interpret, just saying that these adventures will surely continue for the main character Rito. Wished they made an absolute end (like him becoming King of the Galaxy or something, and not leaving that storyline hanging) rather than what they have done, and its a bit contrived with him expressing his love to most of the cast.

Although there is a sequel (or spin-off, not sure what it is right now) called To Love-Ru Darkness, so I shall go and have a read of that. Also, don't even bother reading Chapter 162.5, doesn't add anything. Still, I recommend this series, and I'll be posting up some comments on each individual chapters shortly.
Blogger Widget