Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Last Airbender


The Last Airbender is a movie that is based upon the (much better) tv series Avatar: The Last Airbender, and, yes, I’m going to go with the majority of people and speak that repetitive statement, the series was so much better (6% at rottentomatoes). Seriously, I was thinking throughout the whole of the movie, when will this movie end, I was hoping it was going to end soon too, as it was a pain to get through it. Coincidentally enough, the only episodes I had ever seen of the cartoon (it’s on my to-do list to watch it completely) were the arc that this movie was based on, the first season. I don't know if they adapted it faithfully, all I know is that they adapted it in a way that it loses all the good things about the series, the humor, the fun, and the awesomeness. Frankly, I think it was a waste of my time watching it, they way that they had made the special effects and how the actions that accompany them look so lame, honestly, I cringe every time they do it. Since this is a life action adaptation, there will be liberties taken with the actors to portray the animated characters, I can live with it, but the person that they had chosen to play as Aang, the title character is just a plain bad choice. I don't know about you, but I do think he did a pretty bad job, probably something to do with the script as well, but this Aang is so much less fun and there is practically no emotion on his face at all time, a very bad job. The climax of the movie, and the way it’s resolved is boring, everything about this movie is boring, and there is nothing interesting, although I guess it does a good job of explaining to the viewer with no knowledge of the cartoon what this movie is about. Hopefully there won’t be a sequel although it is set up for one, so I doubt it, I am seriously telling you, it is not a movie worth watching (it’s actually not half as bad as I have explained it, but it just left a very bad experience, since it is a bad movie and not worthwhile).
Blogger Widget