Monday, March 21, 2011

Book Review: Dragon Mage

Finally got up to this point... I finished this book at the end of 2010... it's taken me three months to finally post this up...



Review: #50
Title: Dragon Mage
Series: Dragon Magic (not official name) - 2nd book
Author: Andre Norton and Jean Rabe
Read Before: no
My Comments: You need to survive a fair bit of the beginning in order to enjoy the overall plot, since it builds up momentum, and gets really really interesting once the main character, Shilo, gets sent to a completely different world. For some reason, as the book went on, this has really captured my interest and I could not put it down. When I think about it, the plot is not exceptionally good (mainly the stock standard stuff, person goes back in time, gets given a task, and after some setbacks manages to achieve it and gets back home), nor is the writing great, but the content is just very fascinating. There are some suspense elements that are really well done (the suspense is only a very minor part) and I found myself racing through the latter half the book, just anticipating what could happen, and how it would all work out. Even to the last moment I really liked the book, but I found it hard to pinpoint exactly what made it so attractive.
Rating: 8/10
Rereadability Factor: 7/10 (something I would want to reread later)
Blogger Widget