Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Astro Boy


Watched another animated film (I just love these, doesn't matter that people call them kiddie, they are still really awesome movies), Astro Boy, apparently another one that isn’t that good (49% at rottentomatoes.com) and I can see where they are coming from. It’s not terrible, I can tell you that, and the visuals are really nice as well, seems like all computer animated movies are great nowadays, and there’s really not much you can fault them (to me anyway, although I’m just a casual movie viewer). The plot in this movie is quite weak and there’s not much happening, yet again, it’s a bit everywhere though and the villains seem really weird, they don't have a real motive for being evil, their reasons are weak and ineffective, you don't understand why they are doing this. I got a little bit confused at the start because I didn't know Astro Boy was a real kid once but that confusion soon passed. There’s no real character development or chemistry among the characters, and it’s not as fun as you would think it would be, I found many parts to be boring or unnecessary, as I said, the events seem a bit random and not adding much to the story overall. I just find it really weird how the villains act, and the hypocritical way they act, especially Hamegg. The very end was… unusual and a bit lame, an alien attacks and Astro Boy go and fight it, wtf, did it have to be an alien?!?! That’s not to say it’s not worth watching, it’s just that it can be a lot better, and a good way to pass the time.
Blogger Widget