Monday, February 21, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid


I watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid with expectations of something I would not enjoy (I hadn’t read the books before) and the rating of 53% at rottentomatoes.com didn't exactly help. Nevertheless while I was watching it, and ultimately when I finished it, I quite thoroughly enjoyed the movie, probably because it was so… ‘normal’. No special powers, no unique character with some supernatural characteristic, just something plain for once, and no fancy gimmick for the movie. Although there is no plot, just one event after another, I was looking forward to what would happen next, and quite a few scenes were amusing and funny. I admit it probably could have been done a lot better but at least I understand everything without ever reading the book, and the actors I thought had done a decent job.
Blogger Widget