Monday, February 7, 2011

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs


I really like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, I think the main ‘gimmick’ is really original (the weather being food items) and unique. This movie is very well done with lots of great moments, and a lot of great jokes (most of them is non-verbal, but there are a few golden one liners), that got me smiling and laughing throughout the whole movie. The relationship between the main character and his dad can be a bit depressing and dragging at times (just something that’s been overdone in movies), but all the good things more than make up for it. The film moves at a respectable pace, with the climax of the film being around fifty mins into the movie, and so you have around forty mins of ‘action’ resolving the plot lines. I really like the imagination of the types of food for each weather phenomenon (my favourite is the spaghetti and meatball twister), and this deserves the great ratings from reviewers (86% at rottentomatoes.com). The score of the movie is splendid and captures the feel of the scenes really nicely; I may even give the official soundtrack a listen. A good movie that deserves a watch, the animation is quite funny too, at how the people run and their facial expressions, I find it quite unique and cute, something I haven’t really seen before.
Blogger Widget