Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Book Review: Twilight



Review: #44
Title: Twilight
Series: Twilight
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Read Before: yes
My Comments: Reading it for the second time, it seems that it’s easier to accept what has happened (the first time I was just like wtf in a lot of moments), particularly the whole “I know you’re a vampire” part (basically it’s “you’re a vampire?” “yup”). That being said, the relationship and how it develops doesn't seem as ‘sweet’ as the first time (probably since you know what is going to happen anyway, so the suspense is over), it’s also not as addicting. It gets a bit repetitive with the feelings of Edward and Bella, always like, oh I don't want to harm you, oh I want to protect you, oh I’m not good enough, man, that gets annoying as well, and I’m sick of that happening (it happens a lot more in latter books as well), and that just pads out the book by a lot, and something I feel that is unnecessary. The way vampires are portrayed in this novel is really interesting, and the extra powers that they have, something that I really like. There’s pretty much no action in this book, but in the end the suspense builds up and it gets really exciting, and the ending is perfect and really sweet. That being said, I felt a bit dragged down and dull with many of the moments, I think it’s the best if you read it the first time but with each subsequent reading later, it’s not as good. This series is one of four series that had ‘touched’ me, that kept me thinking about it long after I’ve finished reading them, the other three are Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus and Deltora Quest 3.
Rating: 8.5/10
Rereadability Factor: 5/10
Blogger Widget