Monday, December 6, 2010

Book Review: Midnight Sun

Note: Since this is an unfinished, unpublished book, I read it electronically (i.e. on the computer), if you're interested, you can download it here. If you're wondering why this is unfinished and why it's available on the author's site, here's the Wikipedia entry.

Review: #33
Title: Midnight Sun
Series: Twilight - unfinished spin-off book
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Read Before: no
My Comments: I so wished that this could be made into a full book, that the author could finish it off (at this point in time, I think that’s very unlikely). It’s very interesting to see from another person’s point of view, with Bella, I find that her thoughts are very stupid and lame (as if anyone would think like that…), but with Edward it’s a bit more bearable, although it is annoying at times. It’s great to see how everything fits together, and the way it happens as it progresses (since in Twilight, all this happens in the background and we only know of it when Edward speaks about the past). The earlier chapters were the ones that were better, as I find the latter ones too clogged up now, with the whole “I am too dangerous”, “I need to protect her” etc stuff too exaggerated (like the way the Twilight series was, I just think it’s over the top and unrealistic). Actually, the ‘ending’ wasn't too bad, like where it cuts off, doesn't leave TOO much to be desired as the bulk of the stuff that most people read for is established already, but it would be nice if it was complete. There are some quite funny and sweet parts in this that was not in Twilight, since it is on Edward’s point of view, I quite like this version but there are some boring, dragging parts. Even after finishing reading it, what happens and what might have happened really sticks to my head, I keep finding myself thinking over it, and feel that I still had some parts to read.
Rating: 7/10
Rereadability Factor: 7/10
Blogger Widget