Friday, November 26, 2010

Book Review: Vile Volcanoes



Review: #31
Title: Vile Volcanoes
Series: Horrible Geography Handbooks
Author: Anita Ganeri
Read Before: no
My Comments: I feel that this is like a rip-off from a previous Horrible Geography book, Violent Volcanoes, a lot of the information is extremely similar, if not the same, to that previous book. As such, if you have read that book, then like me, you’ll get bored from reading this one. Published in 2010, I would have thought at least it’ll have more updated stuff than Violent Volcanoes which was published around eleven years prior, but there’s not much evidence of this. The only major difference would be that this is in colour, that’s not to say that this is a bad book, it’s still excellent for anyone who’s just getting into these series (and haven’t read the prior books), but for me, it’s just boring and repetitive (and less funny than usual).
Rating: 5.5/10
Rereadability Factor: 2/10
Blogger Widget