Monday, August 16, 2010

Book Review: Happenstance Found

Wow... I finished this book quite fast...



Review: #11
Title: Happenstance Found
Series: The Books of Umber (1st book)
Author: P.W. Catanese
Read Before: no
My Comments: surprised that I managed to finish the book in so short a time, especially compared to how long the previous one took me. Although it’s not as good as Pride and Prejudice or some other fantasy books, it is quite an interesting read, which really surprised me. There was enough suspense to keep you going, but not lack of action to leave you bored, but the book still hasn't answered every question, but I guess those will be answered during the series, it’s a planned trilogy, so I might actually grab the next one if I remember. The plot’s quite nice, and since it’s a created world, many of the ‘monsters’ are imaginative and satisfying (i.e. doesn't feel like a rip off). The way it’s connected to the ‘our real world’ is a bit weak and strained, but still pulled off fairly well. It was a page turner, and kept me hooked enough to not stop reading, fairly good book, but by no means fantastic.
Rating: 7/10
Rereadability Factor: 5/10
Blogger Widget