Saturday, August 14, 2010

Book Review: Pride & Prejudice

Here's a book review today as I have finally finished reading the book (took me nearly two weeks...):




Review: #10
Title: Pride & Prejudice
Series: N/A
Author: Jane Austen
Read Before: no
My Notes: although I wasnt really interested in this, some of my friends have read it, and it's a pretty famous book, so supposedly it'll be good (I mean it has endured for nearly 200 years now...), and thought I'll give it a try when I had went to the library over a month back. The beginning of the book was a bit slow and can be off-putting, but it progressed, I had to get used to the language and the style of writing as it was very different to comtemporary books. As I did, it got really really good and got me hooked onto it. I was quite attached to it at the end, I think it gets better just before halfway, so if you managed to get up to that, you'll be well awarded. Considering it was published nearly two hundred years ago, this is just really good, and I was susprised it took me in so well, I quite like how they use the words, it just adds that unique touch to it (it's different to what I've reading and so it's quite refreshing). I think I just love the idea/plot of not liking a person at first sight but really misunderstanding and each person changes and eventually fall in love unknowingly, that is really really awesome, and the author pulled it off quite well, as I had said before, it is just the latter part that really gets it going and sucks you in, if you manage to endure the first part (which is mostly setting up the stuff) then you’re set. I cannot believe how much this has affected me, upon finishing it, I just kept thinking over and over about the events, although it hasn't touched me to the point of the Percy Jackson series, it’s more than a lot of other books. I really want to wish for a sequel but that cannot be as the author has passed away.
Rating: 7.5/10 (highly recommended)
Rereadability Factor: 7/10 (good to reread in around half a year)

Extra Note: I was going to give it a 7 but thought the end was too good and so it deserves better, but I couldnt make myself to give it an 8 since the beginning will put people off and I dont think it's up to that super awesome standard just yet, at least this book has made me more interested in reading the author's other works.
Blogger Widget