Saturday, July 17, 2010

Book Review: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief



Review: #1
Title: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
Series: Percy Jackson (& the Olympians)
Author: Rick Riordan
Read Before: no (and then I reread it afterwards)
My Comments: it is a good book but not exceptionally so, especially when compared to the other books in the series (this was the last book I had read in the series - couldnt find it in the library), but it is still worth a read and many funny parts. I reread it two weeks later, and rereading it is worth it, as you get a lot more stuff that you missed out the first time, and I didnt get bored rereading it so soon. I think because it is the first book in the series it has to take on the labor of explaining a lot of things and that clogged up a third of the book (not that it's boring or anything). Reading this was an enjoyable experience, I laughed at stuff again and so excited by the things happening it felt like I was reading it for the first time, all in all a great book. (I took me roughly 392 mins to read this book, or 6.53 hours, not sure if that is fast or not...)
Rating: 7/10
Rereadability Factor: 8/10 (good to reread)
Blogger Widget