Saturday, July 17, 2010

Book Review: Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian



Review: #5
Title: Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian
Series: Percy Jackson (& the Olympians)
Author: Rick Riordan
Read Before: yes (twice, once after the other, earlier this year)
My Comments: I love this book a lot, period. I really like the descriptions of people and the love story between Percy and Annabeth, I am very touched, happy and moved by it. It is an extremely funny book and very very satisfying as the end of the series (unlike some other series...), the suspense is worth it, although there is more action in this book it's all stuck in New York, so it's a shame I couldnt 'see' other places and the updated status of monsters. I love how the author has included the Greek Mythology into the present day, very very awesome and done very elegantly. I was so sad when some of the characters died (the author has a way of just pushing all the right buttons), I do not regret rereading this book or purchasing the whole series (I usually just borrow from library). Reading this for the third time was an even better experience, you get a little bit more extra that you didnt pick up earlier each time you reread and understanding how it all fits together, just a pure fantasy masterpiece.
Rating: 9.5/10 (although I felt this was not the best book in the series, rereading it made it very very good, orignally was 9/10 but I figured it just gets so much better if you reread it I should give it a higher score)
Rereadability Factor: 9.5/10 (definitely recommend a reread even if you dont want to)


SERIES REVIEW: PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS
Series Title: Percy Jackson & the Olympians
Number of Books: 5 (Lightning Thief, Sea of Monsters, Titan's Curse, Battle of Labyrinth and Last Olympian)
My Comments: two words: PURE AWESOMENESS. Nothing I have ever read is like this, this is the best series I have ever read, it encompasses everything in my idea of an adventure in the present day, it's perfect. The series totalled 1637 pages, and I had finished it in two weeks straight (but on and off reading during the day, I do have a life), not bad, not bad at all.
Rating: 10/10

Can't wait until the new book for the sequel series come out, The Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero, although it has a different cast of protagonists, at least the original cast gets some limelight. I'll probably read this series again during my next big uni holidays (during Christmas).

And thus ends my day of book reviews, I just wanted to squeeze in the book reviews for the percy jackson series, :)
Blogger Widget