Saturday, July 24, 2010

Book Review: Last Battle of the Icemark



Review: #7
Title: Last Battle of the Icemark
Series: The Icemark Chronicles
Author: Stuart Hill
Read Before: yes (once last year)
My Comments: great book, but like other books that I had reread, it lost most of it's power since I know what's going to happen, but nevertheless it is still very emjoyable. I love the suspense (it's just enough, I cannot handle huge suspense novels) and it's very touching and emotional at the end, with a sad-ish ending. It is the ending that makes the whole book worth it, and where most of the points are. It's realistic enough since it does have deaths in it, and not just those "oh I should be sad since this unknown/random character dies" but are the characters where you do care about. To be honest, I do like the first book of the series The Cry of the Icemark and second book Blade of Fire better than this one, Last Battle of the Icemark just has too much of a supernatural theme to it, to the point that it made this book a tad bit too different. Either way this guy is a great author, and I love how the vampires are depicted in this book, as pale elegant warriors with blood rep lips wearing black armor and wielding serrated swords, really cool.
Rating: 7.5/10
Rereadability Factor: 6/10
Blogger Widget